What is C-RUN?
C-RUN is a high-performance runtime analysis add-on product, fully integrated with IAR Embedded Workbench. C-RUN performs runtime analysis by monitoring application execution directly within the development environment. The tight integration with the toolchain improves development workflow and provides each developer with access to runtime analysis that is easy-to-use.
C-RUN is developed in house by compiler and debugger experts. The broad offering of features comes directly from the request of our customers, and research in developer needs.
What can C-RUN do for you as a developer?
C-RUN simplifies the task of performing runtime analysis. C-RUN is completely integrated in IAR Embedded Workbench, which means that no additional applications are needed.
C-RUN includes user-friendly features which makes it possible to include runtime analysis, every step of the way.
C-RUN performs runtime analysis as a natural part of the development cycle, adhering to options set by the user. The developer is able to pinpoint areas of interest by switching specific checks on and off as desired. C-RUN aids developers in structuring testing in an efficient manner, honing in on different analyses for each iteration.
Examples of C-RUN Features
- Analysis of C and C++ code
- Intuitive and easy-to-use settings
- Comprehensive and detailed runtime error information
- Call stack information provided for each error found
- Code correlation and graphical feedback in editor
- Flexible error filter management to stop processor, log to file or ignore individual runtime errors
- Detection of value changes when casting between types
- Checks for overflow and wraparound in computations
- Discovery of bit losses in shift operations
- Bounds checking to ensure accesses to arrays and other objects are within boundaries
- Buffer overflow detection
- Heap and memory leaks checking
About IAR Embedded Workbench
IAR Embedded Workbench is a complete set of development tools for applications based on 8-, 16- and 32-bit processors. IAR Embedded Workbench includes:
- An integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Tools that convert source code into machine instructions, which optimizes their execution in processors
- A debugger for troubleshooting, testing, and optimizing software
The powerful, sophisticated IAR Embedded Workbench is easy to use—thanks to its smart functionality and user-friendly interface. It contains effective, comprehensive tools that help enterprises develop new competitive products.