IAR Systems has a long and fruitful relationship with ARM. IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM supports all available ARM cores, from all major vendors. Outstanding speed optimizations enable IAR Embedded Workbench to generate the fastest performing code and the shortest possible execution times, delivering best-in-class CoreMark results.
The latest version of this product, version 7.20, adds C-RUN. An evaluation version of C-RUN is included in the evaluation version of IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, available for download below.
Version 6.70 highlights: examples on demand, improved integration with Freescale Processor Expert, new pragma directives and new device support.
IAR Embedded Workbench supports wide range of MCUs manufacturers such as:
Silicon LABs / Energy Micro
Ready-made device configuration files, flash loaders and 4,300 example projects are included. IAR Embedded Workbench is compatible with other ARM EABI compliant compilers and supports the following ARM cores:
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for ARM
- Automatic checking of MISRA C rules (MISRA C:2004)
- ARM EABI and CMSIS compliance
- Compiler vectorization support for NEON
- Extensive HW target system support
- Optional I-jet and JTAGjet-Trace in-curcuit debugging probes
- Multicore debugging with support for symmetric multicore processing (SMP) and asymmetric multicore processing (AMP)
- Power debugging to visualize power consumption in correlation with source code
- Run-time libraries including source code
- Relocating ARM assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY® debugger with ARM simulator, JTAG support and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- RTOS plugins available from IAR Systems and RTOS vendors
- Over 3100 sample projects for evaluation boards from many different manufacturers
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help