The latest version of this product, version 1.42, adds improved option bytes support, initialized EEPROM variables, improved absolute located variables and support for several new devices.
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for STM8
- Automatic checking of MISRA C rules (MISRA-C:2004)
- Configuration files for all STM8 devices
- Run-time libraries
- Relocating STM8 assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY® debugger with STM8 simulator and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- Example projects and code templates
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help
Debugging system support:
- C-SPY Debugger simulator
- STice Emulator system
- ST-Link debug probe
- C-SPY Debugger plugin SDK available for 3rd party debuggers
- RTOS-aware debugging with built-in plugin for OSEK Run Time Interface ORTI
The RTOS plugin installs a number of new windows in C-SPY, most importantly the task or thread list windows where task-specific breakpoints can be specified and task-specific steps executed. Different inspector windows display the contents of the internal data structures of the RTOS such as timers, queues, semaphores, resources and mailboxes.
Note: Our partners frequently release new devices and the latest ones may not be listed here. We continually add support to new devices. Please contact IAR Systems to find out whether your new device is already supported or when it will become available.