Opella-XD for ARC
Same HW with different cable supports MIPS Architecture with Linux Debugging options.
Ultra-high-speed cJTAG/JTAG Debug Probe
Ashling’s OPELLA-XD is a powerful cJTAG/JTAG debug probe for embedded development with Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC™ configurable RISC cores. Developed in cooperation with Synopsys, the Opella-XD probe integrates with the MetaWare or GNU GDB Debuggers under Windows or Linux based hosts.
Advanced features of Opella-XD include:
- Fast, easy-to-install USB 2.0 High-Speed Interface (480Mb/s)
- Supports all popular hardware debug protocols
- Unique Auto-conditioning Probe provides maximum possible download speed to target with fastest cJTAG/JTAG clock frequencies
- Hot-plug support allows post-mortem debugging
- Fast, trouble-free Plug-and-Play installation
- Supplied with 20-pin Target Probe Assembly for Debug interface to target device or target FPGA.
- Optional 15-pin D-Type JTAG adapter for Debug interface to target device or ARCangel board.
- Opella-XD supports FPGA Programming on ARC FPGA targets (e.g. ARCangel) or users target board
- Wide target voltage range: 0.9V to 3.6V
- Versatile Target-Reset and Test-Port-Reset support
- Built-in diagnostics instantly show status of Target, Debug Probe and USB link
Benefits of Opella-XD to the embedded hardware developer:
- Accelerates the entire embedded-hardware debug process: ultra-fast installation, code download and flash programming saves time at every code rebuild
- Instantly auto-configures to target system
- Long-term investment: works with all popular target architectures and compilers
- Helps with the most difficult debugging tasks: hardware bring-up, operating-system booting, post-mortem debugging
- Future-proof: works with latest hardware-debug protocols, all popular host operating-systems
- Compact, easy-to-install target probe cables support all popular debug interfaces
Opella-XD Debug Probe Specification:
- High-speed USB2.0 (480Mb/s) interface to host PC
- Target cJTAG/JTAG clock rates up to 100MHz
- Auto-conditioning for fast cJTAG/JTAG clock frequencies
- Configurable Target-Reset and Test-Port-Reset, under full user control
- Fine-grained adjustment of cJTAG/JTAG clock frequency from 1KHz to 100MHz
- Supports target operating voltages from 0.9V to 3.6V. Opella-XD detects and automatically configures for the appropriate target voltage.
- Hot-plug support; allows connection to a running target without resetting or halting
- Fully powered by USB interface; no external power-supply needed
- Display/read/write of target system memory and peripheral registers
- Support for all on-chip hardware breakpoints; unlimited software breakpoints
- Target Reset control and Remote Reset detect
- Run/stop control of target application including go, halt, step over, step into and step out of
- Operates with ARCs MetaWare or GNU GDB Debuggers under Windows or Linux based hosts
- Support for Multi-core debug
- Support for multiple Opella connected to the same PC (this supports Multi-core systems where each core has a unique cJTAG/JTAG interface)
- ARCangel Development Board System FPGA programming support; allows easy configuration using an Opella connection between your host PC and ARCangel
- All EM, ARCtangent-A4, ARCtangent-A5, ARC 600, ARC 700, Energy Pro EP20 and EP30 cores are supported
Ashling’s GDB-Server-MIPS software package allows Ashling’s Target Debug Probes to be used with the GNU GDB open-source debugger. The Ashling GNU GDB Server is available for Windows and Linux (x86 based) hosts and supports GNU GDB and all Eclipse CDT based debuggers (e.g. MontaVista Devrocket).
|Opella-XD for MIPS Debug Probe. Includes USB 2.0 cable, documentation and diagnostic software||Opella-XD-MIPS|
|14-pin Target Probe Cable with 0.1″-pitch IDC connector for EJTAG versions 2.5 -4.10. Supports target voltages 0.9V to 3.6V||TPAOP-MIPS14|
|Adapter with 20-pin 0.05″-pitch IDC connector for EJTAG versions 1.5x – 2.0x. Used with TPAOP-MIPS-14 Target Probe Cables||AD-EJTAG20|
|PathFinder-XD for MIPS Eclipse-based Source Debugger; supports all popular MIPS compilers.||PF-XD-MIPS|
|GDB-Server for MIPS. Connects GNU GDB open-source debugger to Opella-XD Debug Probe.||GDB-Server-MIPS|
|Ribbon Cable Assembly for use with TPAOP-MIPS14. Useful for target systems with restricted access||WC0078|
Opella-XD-MIPS Device Support:
|MIPS32® 4K™||MIPS32® 24K™||MIPS32® 34K™|
|MIPS32® 4Kc™||MIPS32® 24KE™||MIPS32® 74K™|
|MIPS32® 4KEc™||MIPS32® 24KEc™||MIPS32® 1004K™|
|MIPS32® 4KS™||MIPS32® 4KSD™|| |
|MIPS32® 4KE™||MIPS32® M4K|| |
MIPS, MIPS16 and MIPS16e are Trademarks of MIPS Technologies, Inc.